Lifeguards needed 2018
Join us and work May through to August.
Be a part of summer fun at Camp Olave.
Accomodation is provided.
For qualifications and more information click here
Deadline may be extended.
Camp Olave Annual Spring Work Weekend
April 5-7, 2019
Volunteers are needed for a weekend of work to ready the camp for all the campers
This includes cleaning, gardening, landscape, repairs, inventory and lots more
Meals are provided
For an information sheet click here.
Questions etc. Contact Valerie, Pauline and Joan at email@example.com
Registration deadline is March 25
To register click here
All assistance is deeply appreciated by Camp Olave and our campers.
Guider Day at Camp Olave for Lions and WCA Guiders
Sunday, April 7, 2019 - rain or shine
To Register click here
Questions? Email Camp Olave Travel email click here
More Seaside Fun - July 28 - Aug 3, 2019
The classic seaside holiday
For information and registration go to the More Seaside Fun webpage
Campers please note
There have been changes to the Garbage and Recycle procedures.
Please follow the new procedure and don't contaminate our recycled materials or attract the bears.
Lots of other useful kit lists, site information, Safe Guide stuff, forms and much more at our Forms and Information page
Coordinate your travel plans, out trips, crafts, campfires and more.
We are pleased to welcome Tracy, our new Travel Facilitator. Contact her at our new travel email at CampOlaveTravel@gmail.com
For an information sheet click here
Check out our crests on our Crest page
In 1927 a dedicated group of women purchased an abandoned log dump called Rat Portage Lumber Camp. Through the depression they paid off the mortagage with bake sales, cake walks, penny
drives and personal donations. Through the war they continued to improve and expand the site and add more cabins. With thousands and thousands of Girl Guide cookies and volunteer hours and the assistance
of the community we have hosted generations of girls and women and introduced them to the joys of camping, the beauty of coastal BC and the fun and friendship of Girl Guides.
It is an amazing gift to the future.
For more about Camp Olave see our  About Camp Olave page.
Looking for us? Please note that we didn't move Camp Olave but we have changed our address to better match our entrance. Our new address is 1570 Jack Road,
still Sechelt, BC V0N 3A1.
Planning a fun camp? Enjoy our Program Guide
Check out our Camp Olave Information Sheet
Low Ropes Course
1. Is there a user fee? No user fee. Thank you all for your donations and we still need a bit more.
2. Any new paperwork required?? No you don't require any different forms.
3. How do I book it? Groups will be contacted about 2 weeks prior to their camp dates to book a time for the low ropes course.
4. Can I supervise it myself? No, a trained facilitator must be with all groups using the course. Camp Olave will provide the facilitator.
5. How many girls can use the site as one time? The maximum size is 30 girls for a ninety minute session. It is helpful if the groups provide Junior Leaders or Guiders to help. Training onsite will be provided.
6. Is it open all year around? It is now closed for the winter.
7. All participants MUST have proper footwear with good tread and be wearing hats.
A lovely summer day at Camp Olave trying out some new canoes!
Below you will see a poem by a happy young camper.
Wind blows in the trees
Softly blowing silently
Calm, nice and very free.
If you too love camp and would like to be a part of Camp Olave email firstname.lastname@example.org or check out our wish list Contact our web manager by email.
Girl greatness starts here!